MAKING OF 'THE DARWIN'S FINCH'



MAKING OF 'THE DARWIN'S FINCH'








The Darwin's Finch is not just a name or a brand, its kind of emotion for some biology lovers who can't scroll down when something related to evolution on his page.

This is the story of  Making The Darwin's Finch.

I've been extremely interested in Evolution since I was in class 9 and it brought me the love today I have towards medicine. 
I never had a dream to become a doctor, instead of from my childhood I'd been dreaming of being a physicist and then it mutated into an IITian.
The love for Relativity changed into emotion for Evolution.

'The Darwin's Finch' is a term given by David Lack in his book 'Darwin's Finches' (1947) to describe the group of 15 species of Finches (a small bird in South America). These birds have been very special to all evolutionary biologists since Charles Darwin's evolutionary journey to the Galapagos islands in 1831. He observed those birds and their feeding habit that sparkled his mind and brought us the very special theory of biology - Theory of Evolution.


'The Darwin's Finch' flashed up in my mind, when one evening I was stuck at a question of a mock test that asked me for who had given this term to Galapagos Finches and the answer was given wrong there.
For that instance I had to google it and then it sparkled in my mind that yeah ! this gonna be my codename.

The next morning, I started changing 'CANiS' to 'The Darwin's Finch', the same way I had to change my path from IIT to MED a few years back.

It was like a transformation for me. Just a 3 words long statement, only 3 words, that brings me upper hand all the times I see this. It respects me, it strengthens me and of course, it has helped me to reinvent my lost identity.



The Darwin's Finch

_


Post a Comment

0 Comments